New T6 Elevating Roof – Designed by Jerba Campervans
- Removable Roof Canvas – within minutes by you at home!
- Condensation Free Ventile Cotton
- Fully Seam Sealed
- 100kg Roof Rack Load Capacity
After ten years of fitting elevating roofs manufactured by all of the major European brands and being frequently frustrated by product problems, we finally decided that we could create our own design to a far higher quality level – with some new ideas and innovation thrown in!
It’s taken us around three years of work to bring everything together, but we are now very pleased to be fitting our own elevating roof to all our VW camper conversions – this includes both front and rear elevating roof designs.
Here’s a summary of the key features of our new elevating roof;
- 5 Minute Removable Canvas that Anyone can do at Home – just unzip and slide free making it so simple for a customer to repair, treat, dry or even replace the whole canvas. If your canvas needs any repair then there’s no need for a specialist converter; remove it at home and post it off – saving you travel time and hours of labour costs to remove and replace.
- Condensation Free Inside – using very high specification 100% cotton Ventile material means full breathability but also excellent water and wind tightness. Ventile is spun, woven and dyed in Switzerland and is used worldwide by organisations such as NATO. This high performance cotton fabric is step above the regular cotton fabrics used by other elevating roof manufacturers. Take a look at the Ventile website to understand more about the product and both its uses today as well as its fascinating history; http://www.ventile.co.uk/index.php
- Fully Unzippable – watertight zip manufactured by global market leader YKK. Take a closer look at the vast majority of high performance outdoor wear and you’ll find a YKK zip. Undo our watertight YKK zip to remove the whole canvas, or just unzip the front to allow in the sun, or to just enjoy the fresh air and take in a view. With a chunky gauge it’s simple to zip and unzip, it won’t catch, jam and burst.
- Seam Sealed Stitching – we have invested in a complete seam sealing machine that will make the stitched seams in our Ventile roof canvas 100% watertight – just like your Goretex jacket! The current solution from other campervan converters is to supply customers with a basic tube of seam seal glue for a DIY temporary fix, something that we felt was just not good enough.
- No Standing Water on the Roof – attention to detail means that all our roofs are gently curved in a concave shape to always shed rainwater and prevent puddles forming on top of the van.
- Higher Specification Gas Struts – having seen too many weak and poor quality gas struts rust, leak fluid and fail on other elevating roofs, we only fit far stronger struts with a wider gauge and far greater durability.
- 100kg Carrying Capacity (when closed!) – super strong for carrying kayaks, canoes or just extra gear. This is double the weight of most other elevating roofs available on the UK market.
- Secure Roof Locking System – combined with webbing straps we have installed a simple internal rotary lock that is easy to use and is located in view so you can be sure it’s fully engaged. Other designs often hide such locks from view and snagging the roof canvas inside the mechanism can be a real issue. Our lock is finished in stainless steel and is right in front of your eyes – be 100% sure that your roof is properly secure.
- Tough Midge Proof Mesh Screens – we’ve sourced a tough and durable mesh screen that won’t tear and snag. Fine enough to keep out the smallest Scottish midge, you can open vents when cooking without letting in the biting monsters!
- Manufactured in the UK – fibre glass construction with a maximum closed height of two metres and a fixed sleek nose cone design that reduces wind noise and compliments the lines and look of the T6.
On a typical VW campervan replacing an elevating roof canvas is job that can only be undertaken by a specialist converter and would typically mean a bill for around 7 hours of expensive workshop time.
So customers can avoid this expense we have developed a design that lets you simply remove and replace your canvas at home in 5 minutes!