On this week’s Gastrotour episode Top Chef, Mark Greenaway of Grazing is the second chef to accept the challenge, cooking up his Baby Roast Chicken with roasted hazelnuts, cauliflower and roasted potatoes in the back of a Jerba Campervan.
In partnership with Scotsman Food and Drink we have been visiting chefs near the location of their acclaimed venues, where we challenge them to create simple, inspiring dishes using just the Jerba’s in-built hob or hot-plate.
We think you will agree that this dish looks fantastic and it shows what’s possible in your campervan! Mark shows us how to prepare this delicious dish in the video below, if you would rather a text version of the ingredients list and method you can find this below the video.
- 1/2 Baby Roast Chicken
- 100g Cauliflower (Pre Boiled)
- 6 Ratte Potatoes (Pre boiled)
- 50g Butter
- 1l Chicken Stock
- 6 Pear Onions
- 20g Pre Roasted Hazelnuts
- 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Thyme
- Pinch of Salt
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Season the chicken
- Heat a drizzle of oil in your pan (not too hot)
- Fry the chicken for several minutes until the fat is rendered and there is a nice colour to the meat
- After the chicken has been turned add the pre boiled Ratte potatoes
- Once potatoes have a touch of colour flip them to the other side
- Season with Thyme and add the cauliflower then cook for 4-5mins
- Add chicken stock and allow to reduce turning down the heat slightly
- Add the pear onions
- Finish the Jus by adding the butter and mix it in
- Plate up and finish with the pre roasted hazelnuts