The J-Pod is a new addition to our range of campervan layouts that offers the maximum in flexibility.
The design features an easy removable kitchen & storage unit that is fully usable both inside or outside your van – by linking directly to the van for electric power and water supply, we maximise the cupboard storage space and cooking facilities whilst giving you more hours of leisure battery time and litres of drinking water than you’d ever expect from a campervan removable unit.
You can use the J-Pod in Four Different Ways
Full Unit in the Van – with the J-Pod unit safely secured into the van you’ll find handy made to measure fold up tables at either end, giving a perfect height eating with the swivelled driver seat and providing ideal extra space to the rear. Linked up to the 38 litre water tank and full leisure battery system both located on the van and to the LPG supply in the unit itself, you’ll be able to live comfortably with cooking and washing facilities to hand.
Half in Half Out – the kitchen unit splits into two, one part with the sink and one part with the hob. Choose which you leave in the van and which you leave at home, or perhaps place one in your awning once you’ve arrived at your destination. The sink unit is built to house an optional 21 litre Dometic Tropicool portable coolbox which simply plugs in at the back of the cupboard – keeping food fresh and cold without running out of battery power won’t be an issue.
All in the Awning – outside connections fitted to the van allow the whole J-Pod kitchen unit to be taken outside and just hooked up to your van water supply, the 12v leisure battery system and the 230v – you’ll then be able to lock the van without any trailing leads and hoses snagging the doors. Great in hot weather to keep cooking heat and smells out of your van or for perhaps keeping precious items locked and secure in the van whilst you’re away or asleep.
Empty Van or Car for Five People – choose the option of the VW factory fitted removable rear seats for three, then simply remove the J-Pod unit at leave it at home, but still keep a full 12v electric leisure supply, LED lighting and 230v hook up. With the option of an elevating roof and beech slatted roof bed you could still sleep in comfort in the J-Pod van – to make life even cosier there’s also an option of adding a Webasto hot blown air diesel fired parking heater.
As standard all our VW T6 campers include the VW factory fitted features listed below:
- Swivelling Front Seats – single passenger and driver comfort seats with swivelling seat base, armrests and lumber support.
- Charge Relay System – Varta AGM leisure battery with full intelligent split charge relay system that is compatible with Blue Motion energy saving brake recuperation.
- Simora Seat Fabric – upgraded seat fabric giving a more car style of finish.
- Touchscreen Digital Radio – with 5″ Colour Display, AUX-IN & USB in glove box (for connecting MP3 & iPod), SD card slot, CD drive and four Cab Loudspeakers.
- Bluetooth System – that will Connect your Mobile Phone through the Touchscreen Digital Radio.
- Trip Computer – displays Fuel Consumption and predicted Mileage from the Fuel in your Tank.
- Blue Motion Technology – improving fuel economy and reducing road tax duty. Start/stop engine system when stationary, low rolling resistance tyres and regenerative braking that charges your vehicle battery as you brake.
- Automatic Post-collision Braking System – triggers braking after a collision, with the aim of preventing secondary collisions.
- Driver Alert System – uses visual and acoustic warning signals to recommend that the driver takes a break as soon as it registers driving behaviour that indicates tiredness.
- Brake Assist System – registers the speed at which the brake pedal is pressed. During a reflexive or emergency braking action, it ensures that full brake pressure is built up more quickly.
- Removable kitchen unit
Removable kitchen unit that can be located and fully used either inside or directly outside the vehicle. Drinking quality water outlet points and 12v & 230v output supply sockets easily accessible both inside and outside the van.
The unit splits into two;
Leftside unit includes a CAN stainless steel sink & tap with chopping board lid, full 12v and 230v electric connections with 230v double socket, 2 x 12v sockets, 1 x double USB socket, Fiamma Aqua 8 water pump, twin drawers, large storage cupboard built to house a 12v Dometic Tropicool 21 litre coolbox and folding table built to match the swivelled driver’s seat.
Rightside unit contains a single burner CAN hob with electric sparker and smoke glass lid, fully tested and certificated LPG system with one 907 Butane canister, folding table to the side providing easy extra work surface and two storage cupboards.
- Jerba Elevating Roof
Jerba Campervans own front or rear elevating roof design – fully unzippable and removable canvas with stitching tape seam sealed, breathable high grade Ventile cotton canvas. Max vehicle exterior closed height of 2 metres.
For more information on our elevating roof click here
- Roof Bed
At 120cm, all our elevating roof beds are wide enough for two people to sleep, and with the strength to support 150kg, you’re OK with either adults or children.
In all our elevating roof T6 conversions there is an option to choose an upper level bed that will sleep two adults with a combined weight of 150kg. At 190cm (6ft 1”) long and 113cm (3ft 8”) wide there’s enough room to sleep with decent comfort.
All our elevating roof beds have a beech slatted bed base which gives extra comfort whilst sleeping, as well as giving breathability to the underside of the bed mattress – preventing musty smells from trapped condensation.
We also maximise the depth of the roof bed mattress at 35mm (1.5”) to give you the best comfort we can.
With the elevating roof raised, all that is needed is a gentle push for the whole bed platform to rise simply up from its flat sleeping position to stow self supported on gas springs in the elevating roof space. This solution gives you instant headroom during the day with no hassles of folding and rearranging bed platform bases.
Safety is also an important factor to consider for when you’re driving the vehicle, as objects that are not secured down can easily become very dangerous projectiles in the event of an accident. A fully secured and bolted in roof bed platform will give you peace of mind, whereas separate removable bed board pieces found in some campervans could potentially be lethal.
During the daytime with the elevating roof up bedding isn’t a problem, as it can simply stow away in the very rear upper section out of the way until you need it again at night. When the roof is down, as we maximise the depth of the roof bed mattress, your bedding will have to be stored in the lower section of the campervan.
If you have small children in a roof bed you may want to consider a safety net. This fixes onto the leading edge of the roof bed and attaches up onto the underside of the elevating roof. With rucksack belt style clips to release it, the net will keep both small children, pillows and toys from falling out!
- 12v & 230v Electrics
Full Sargent EC155 power system with full 12v and 230v built into the van rear interior panel. Full vehicle charge relay system with digital control panel, 1 x 12v socket, 1 x double USB socket and 1 x 230v double socket permanently fitted to vehicle (accessible and usable with or without the removable kitchen unit installed). LED flexible spotlights over both front cab seats and Labcraft LED strip light in rear over kitchen unit position. All 230v systems are tested and certificated
All T6 vans are now made as standard by VW with features to improve fuel economy and reduce polluting emissions, once such feature is known as engine brake recuperation – this basically allows the vehicle alternator to recharge the 12v battery system on braking as well as whilst accelerating, this reduces resistance on the engine and improves your miles per gallon. The mechanics behind this technology very closely monitors the charge of the vehicle battery and cuts off alternator charge if that battery is sufficiently charged, the downside is that if you have a leisure battery installed after the factory build then it can also cut the charge to that system as well. However, where VW install their own leisure battery system as a factory fit this problem is overcome as VW will programme the vehicle ECU (Electronic Control Unit) to ensure both batteries always receive the charge they need.
The standard VW leisure battery is a 75 amp hour AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) battery under the brand name of Varta and made by German firm Johnson. In any conversion where we add a diesel fired heating systems we add an identical VW Varta 75 amp hr AGM battery to double up your power to 150 amp hrs – this gives an identical arrangement as you would find in a VW California.
To free up more storage in your campervan we always locate the additional 75 amp hr battery in a rigid stainless steel cage within a space on the underside of the van. By removing four bolts the cage can be simply lowered down, but as a sealed battery it is maintenance free.
All our 230v fittings in every campervan are individually tested and certificated by a qualified electrical engineer.
- 38 Litre Fresh Water Tank
located on the underside of the vehicle with water level gauge and Fiamma 7 litre/minute pump located within the removable sink unit – all fittings drinking water quality approved.
- Insulation & Flooring
We don’t scrimp on insulation and aim to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Our high quality commercial grade flooring is fully insulated, non slip and looks great!
All our T6 campervan conversions are fully insulated behind all side cavity panels with a non allergenic, non irritant insulation that is comprised of 85% recycled plastic bottles and is an excellent and environmentally friendly insulation. UK manufactured by YBS Insulation it carries the brand name Non Itch, it has excellent Thermal Resistance and it is totally free from floating fibres or dust so avoids skin irritation and respiratory problems often associated with other forms of insulation. Being a plastic based product Non Itch will also never absorb any moisture or water and it also rates highly for sound deadening properties.
Our ply floors are manufactured in the UK to our own design and consist of two layers of ply sandwiching a complete sheet of solid foam insulation – meaning you have insulation across the whole of your floor. Our bespoke approach helps you retain more warmth inside your campervan in the winter and also improves the sound deadening effects.
All the rear interior sides are fully trimmed in a specialised automobile carpet lining. This keeps you warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer and avoids condensation forming on the vehicle’s interior metal bodywork. We don’t simply clip on plastic panels or avoid trimming difficult areas.
For the floor finish we find that most customers are looking for a practical easy cleaning solution which is hard wearing and most importantly non slip, so we fit a commercial grade vinyl that you’d normally find in locations such as sports centres. Available in a range of colours and finishes, wet shoes will always find a grip and with a super tough material you certainly won’t find the floor ripping, chipping and tearing.
Tailor made curtains with blackout lining to cover all windows – you choose the fabric!
- Awning Rails, Awnings and Sunshades
To attach any awning to the side of your T6 then you’ll first need an awning rail. The rail we use blends in to match the van and we stock a small range of high quality free standing awnings and sunshades.Read more
- Bike Rack
An easy fold down bike rack system that can carry up to four bikes with a tailgate or two bikes with double rear doors. No need to remove the rack when it’s not in use.Read more
- Webasto – Hot Air Heating and Cool Blowing Fan
To use your campervan all year around you’ll often find a hot air heater is a valuable friend – we can also adapt heating systems into cooling fans for the hotter summer days.Read more
- Midge Screen
Keeping the smallest of biting insects out of your van can often be the difference between making or breaking a trip away – the West Highland midge is a particular offender! We’ve developed a screen for the rear side slide opening VW T6 windows that fit neatly into the open glass.Read more
- Roof Rails and Roof Rack for Elevating Roofs
With strength carrying capacity of up to 60kg it’s possible to carry a decent load on the elevating roof – two sea kayaks for instance.Read more
- Solar Panel
100 Watt Roof Mounted Solar Panel – lets you sit out the summer months without the need to recharge your leisure batteries either via a mains supply or driving the van,Read more
- Solid High Top Roof
If you’d prefer a solid high top roof instead of an elevating roof on your campervan, then with our Tiree, Cromarty, Taransay and Jpod conversions this isn’t a problem.Read more
- Dometic Tropicool 21 Litre Portable Fridge/Coolbox
Fits perfectly into the J-Pod cupboard beneath the sink. Top loading and just slides in and out for use. Runs on either 12v or 230v mains can be used to either cool or warm!Read more
- VW Rear Removable Seating for Three
Turn your campervan into a car and seat five people with the VW factory option of double and single removable seats.Read more
- Jerba Campervans is an employee owned business
- Undertaken full Type Approval safety crash testing
- We are officially registered with Volkswagen as a vehicle body builder for their Transporter T6
- Our furniture is individually built by us – we can make layout adjustments to suit you
- Our design & finish has been recognised through winning magazine industry awards
- On your DVLA ownership certificate all our campervans are classified as a Motorcaravan
- ISO9001 – we have full accreditation for this international quality standard
- Our workshop is fully open to visitors – we have nothing to hide!
- Pure DelightThe campervan is pure delight, it puts a smile on my face every time I climb into it, particularly when the weather would make a tent distinctly unappealing! Whether it’s a leisurely week away, or just using her as a mobile changing room for mountain adventures - every time she makes me more sure that we chose the right camper for us.
- Superb Van ConversionExcellent build quality comes as standard with this superb van conversion.
- Truly Happy CampersWe absolutely love our van! We haven't stopped driving around with big grins on our faces since we picked it up. The amazing weather has been the icing on the cake and we cannot wait to tour Cornwall in it in June. We're truly Happy Campers thanks to you and your team!
- Flying ColoursThe campervan is wonderful! We have been out and about from the Lake District to the West Coast, Applecross, the East Coast at Dornoch and wild camping at Melon Oudrigle. So it's had a good test in various weathers, and I can tell you it passes with flying colours!
- High QualityOur new campervan has been excellent in all aspects and everyone that has viewed it has commented on the high quality of the interior build & fittings! Thanks again for your assistance.
- Front of the PackJerba are there right at the front of the pack when it comes to keeping up with the latest legislation and are producing some very impressive products.
- Precise FittingWe also love how precisely Jerba’s furnishings are cut to fit the T5: there are no nooks and gaps where you wouldn’t want them, such as between the kitchen unit and the van wall.