Taransay - VW T6.1 Campervan
Short Wheel Base
Fully Belted RIB Travel Seats 4
Two Single Beds - Optional Double
Optional Fixed Toilet Or Wardrobe
Taransay - VW T6.1 Campervan
Short Wheel Base
Fully Belted RIB Travel Seats For 4
Two Single Beds
Ideal Second Car
Ideal Second Car
Short Wheel Base
Full Belted RIB Seats For 4
Two Single Beds - Option For Double
Kitchen At The Rear
Full Belted RIB Travel Seats 4/5
Short Wheel Base – 2m High
Full Belted RIB Travel Seats 4-5
Double Bed – Extra Wide Option
Ideal Second Car
The Taransay is one of our unique VW T6.1 campervan conversions, it has two single rear seats, with the option of making them into a double bed.
With the kitchen and storage located in the back of the campervan, the Taransay is a VW T6.1 campervan conversion that has a great communal feel around the front seats and tables.
Based on a short wheel base VW T6.1 this campervan conversion can make for an ideal second car.
£55,695 – inc. VAT & full tank of fuel
Jerba Pop Top Roof
Our base price includes a wide range of standard features for both our campervan conversion and the VW T6.1 base van – we also offer a wide range of optional features from which you can choose.
Click a section below for more details.
The key standard features of our Taransay conversion include:
Top quality Jerba Campervans own design rear elevating roof which closes to a maximum height of 2 metres. Fully removable and breathable Ventile cotton canvas, with stainless steel parts – only fitted to Jerba conversions, we don’t sell our pop top roof to any other converters. Fitting a solid high top roof is also an option on our Taransay.
Seats and Beds
Belted seating for 4, tested by Jerba to full Type Approval safety regulations, converting with swivelled front seats into either 2 single beds each measuring 60cm x 185cm, or an option of one double bed measuring 120cm x 200cm. With integrated headrests and contoured seating these French made RIB seats are comfy for travel and sleeping. The VW cab seats are fitted with VW factory swivels to turn and face the rear.
Cupboards and Tables
The design of our Taransay furniture at the rear of the T6.1 has a full height counter that gives a real home kitchen feel. We don’t simply assemble premade furniture kits, we scribe, cut and edge band in house and treat every camper van as an individual project.
Fridge, Hob and Sink
The Taransay is designed with the same worktop height as a standard domestic kitchen, ample counter space, a three burner SMEV gas hob with sink alongside and a 51 litre fridge that is raised up for easy access. All our furniture is scribed, cut and built in house by us using lightweight Ilomba Poplar plywood covered each side with German Egger laminate. We fit a 38 litre water tank on the vehicle underside to free up your cupboard space and give you an ample supply.
Gas & Electrics
A fully sealed steel gas box, top grade electrical parts by Sargent and individually tested certification from qualified gas and electrical engineers are standard in our Taransay T6.1 conversion. Leisure battery system factory fitted by VW with a top quality VW Varta AGM battery which gives excellent 12v storage and longer battery life.
Insulation & Flooring
We don’t scrimp on insulation and fill the van cavities with Non Itch to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Our birch ply floor is made from 18mm thick insulated sandwich board which we cover in a top quality commercial grade non slip vinyl – it looks great!
- Awning Rails, Awnings and Sunshades – to attach any awning to the side of your T6.1 then you’ll first need an awning rail. The rail we use blends in to match the van and we stock a small range of high quality free standing awnings and sunshades.
- Bike Rack – an easy fold down bike rack system that can carry up to four bikes with a tailgate or two bikes with double rear doors. No need to remove the rack when it’s not in use.
- Cassette Toilet – simple to use and lightweight to handle, we design all our conversions so that the toilet is very easy to access and can always be simply stored out of sight.
- Grill or Warming Oven – if you can’t be without your toast or crispy bacon then a grill may be a must for you – but remember that it will be at the cost of cupboard storage space. You can easily make toast though on our Wallas diesel fuelled hob option, so that’s worth a look!
- Leather Upholstery – change the look and feel of your campervan with full leather seating on the cab and the rear seats.
- Double Bed Option – a slide system fitted to the rear twin seats mean you can bring them together at night to form a 120cm wide 2m long double bed.
- Slide Window Midge Screen – keep the smallest of biting insects out of your van with our midge screens made specifically to fit rear side slide opening VW T6.1 windows.
- Elevating Roof Double Bed for Adults and Children – at 112cm wide, all our elevating roof beds are wide enough for two people to sleep, and with the strength to support 150kg, you’re OK with either adults or children.
- Roof Rails and Roof Rack for Elevating Roofs – with strength carrying capacity of up to 100kg it’s possible to carry a decent load on the elevating roof – two sea kayaks for instance.
- Safe Box – with 3mm solid steel sides and a high quality 8 lever lock, our safe boxes are always securely located fully out of sight. Easily big enough for an ipad and other essentials to be hidden away.
- Solar Panel – 100 Watt Roof Mounted Solar Panel – gives you great independence in the summer months away from a mains supply or the need to drive in order to recharge the leisure batteries.
- Solid High Top Roof – if you’d prefer a solid high top roof instead of an elevating roof on your campervan, then with our Tiree, Cromarty and Taransay conversions this isn’t a problem.
- Soft Thermoflex Lining to Beds – this internal lining layer not only makes your bed softer but also allows air to move beneath the fabric and quickly dry out any condensation.
- Toilet Cubicle – as our carpenters build every campervan individually we can easily adapt the furniture layout of the Taransay to replace the rear tall cupboard with an enclosed toilet, giving you a totally self sufficient camper.
- Wallas Diesel Fuelled Combined Hob & Heater – for a gas free camping experience try the diesel fuelled hob & hot air heating all in one option – enjoy more boot storage space, an easy clean glass surface, a single fuel source, no gas worries and reduced condensation. There are plenty of positives!
- Waste Water Tank – there are definite pro’s and con’s to having a waste water tank on your campervan, we hope our explanation will help you decide!
- Webasto Airtop Hot Air Heating and Cool Blowing Fan – to use your campervan all year around you’ll often find a hot air heater is a valuable friend – we can also adapt heating systems into cooling fans for the hotter summer days.
- Webasto Thermo Top Evo Combined Hot Water and Hot Air with Optional Shower – blown hot air and continuous hot water from a heat exchanger plate – not a small storage tank. All from a diesel fuelled system. You can even have a shower at the rear of the van!
1. Swivelling Passenger & Driver’s Seat
3. Rear seats with belted seating
4. Counter with drawer and fridge beneath
5. Wardrobe or shelved cupboard
6. Three burner hob with combined sink
7. Full kitchen unit with storage beneath
Overhead Rear Storage
1. Single beds with option for double
2. Counter with drawer and fridge beneath
3. Wardrobe or shelved cupboard
4. Three burner hob with combined sink
5. Full kitchen unit with storage beneath
Full Height Rear Cupboard
Rear Bed With Wide Option
Overhead Rear Storage
Take A Virtual Tour
View our virtual 360 tour and check out the feature package Taransay campervan layout right here on our 360 interactive tour.
VW T6.1 Van
VW T6.1 Van
All our VW T6.1 campervan conversions are based on the Volkswagen Kombi or Window Van. Classified by the DVLA as Passenger vehicles, these vans are supplied to us by VW with factory fitted rear windows.
Our standard pricing is based upon the 110 bhp T6.1 with manual gearbox and includes our standard campervan specification.
To see what’s included as standard and what optional extras can be added to the base van then just click below
All our campervan conversions are based on the Volkswagen Transporter T6.1 Kombi or Window Van. Classified by the DVLA as Passenger vehicles, these vans are supplied to us by VW with factory fitted rear windows.
Our starting prices are based upon the 110 bhp VW T6.1 with manual gearbox and include all of the following Volkswagen factory fitted features at no extra cost;
- VW Swivelling Front Seats – comfort seats with adjustable armrests and lumber support.
- VW Leisure Battery & Charge System – 100% compatible with new smart alternators.
- DAB Radio – with 5″ colour touchscreen.
- Bluetooth Connectivity – connect your mobile phone through the DAB radio for safe hands free communication.
- Multi Function Steering Wheel – control your phone, radio and cruise control direct from the safety of your steering wheel.
- New Safety Features – including Cruise Control, Auto Post Collision Braking, Driver Alert, Crosswind Assist, Auto Emergency Calling and Emergency City Braking.
Volkswagen offer a wide range of optional extras on the VW T6.1– below is a list of just some of the choices that are available.
Volkswagen Optional Base Van Extras Include:
- Engine & Transmission – 150 bhp Manual, 150 bhp DSG (auto), 4 Motion Manual 150bhp, 199bhp DSG (auto) & 4 Motion DSG (auto) 199 bhp
- Metallic paint to body work, front & rear bumpers, door handles & mirrors
- Rear window privacy glass
- Rear view camera
- Power latching on sliding door
- Removable tow bar
- Cab air conditioning
- Heated driver & front passenger seats
- Front & rear parking sensors
- Thatcham category 1 alarm
- Front & cornering fog lights
- VW discover media satellite navigation system
- Alloy wheels
- All weather tyres
Download a Brochure & Price List that includes all the VW base van factory options for the T6.1
Van Colours To Choose From
The VW Transporter T6.1 is available in two lengths;
- Short Wheel Base – total length 4.9m
- Long Wheel Base – total length 5.3m
The height of the van original low roof van straight from the VW factory is 1.99m, however, the fitting on our pop top elevating roof adds slightly to that giving a finished converted height for the Tiree, Cromarty, Sanna and Taransay of 2.0m.
Our Jura campervan is based entirely upon the factory fitted VW high top roof has a finished total height of 2.58m – this includes a Seitz roof vent at 0.1m which we add to the roof.
The width and ground clearance of both base vehicles is identical;
- With mirrors folded – 1.91m
- With mirrors out – 2.3m
- Ground clearance – 0.2m
It’s always important to understand exactly how much you can carry in your campervan, as overloading your vehicle can be dangerous and is of course illegal. All vehicle manufacturers publish a variety of weights and payload information for their vehicles and they are usually described as follows:
- Gross Vehicle Weight – the overall maximum weight the vehicle can be without a trailer.
- Gross Train Weight – the overall maximum weight the vehicle can be including a trailer.
- Unladen Weight – the weight of the manufactured standard vehicle without any options & extras and before it’s converted into a campervan. This Unladen Weight figure includes the driver (assumed at 75kg) and a full tank of fuel, but no passengers.
- Payload – the maximum weight that can be carried in the vehicle. Basically this is the Gross Vehicle Weight less the Unladen Weight.
With the VW Transporter each vehicle also has a separate number after the letter T which denotes its Gross Vehicle Weight – so a T30 has a maximum weight of 3000kg and a T32 a maximum weight of 3200kg.
How We Calculate Our Payloads
All our calculations are based upon our standard Tiree, Taransay, Cromarty, Sanna and Jura conversions and the overall weight of each of these is the total of the original Unladen Weight, published by Volkswagen, plus the extra weight that we add on when converting the van.
In addition to this extra conversion weight, it is required under European legislation, that when publishing payload figures we must also include the weight of the following items in our final sums – basically these are must haves for your campervan to be used for what it’s been designed!
Full tank of fresh water – based upon 38 litres
Two full LPG Propane 3.9kg canisters
230v mains lead – 10 metres
Remember that any additional VW factory vehicle options you have chosen on your base van, as well as any other internal conversion options, will of course add to the overall weight and so reduce your overall payload, however, as an average passenger is around 75kg, then even with three or four passengers you will still have a considerable payload to take everything you’ll need for your trips away!
To download our T6.1 payloads pdf, click here – it covers the weights of differing engines, wheel bases and heights.
Why Jerba Campervans?
- We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Business
- Full Type Approval safety crash testing for all our campervan conversions
- Volkswagen Motorhome Qualified Converter for the VW Transporter T6.1
- All our VW T6.1 campervan conversions are fully NCC Approved
- Good Business Charter accredited business
- Furniture built in house – so we can make layout adjustments to suit you
- Full accreditation for ISO9001 international quality standard
- Our workshop is always fully open to visitors
- All of our new T6.1 campervan conversions are fully classified by the DVLA as a motorcaravan