VW Service Regimes
Service Regime One: Fixed Service (Time and Distance) – the first 12,000 miles or 12 months.
- Recommended if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year
- You drive your van mainly in town centres or heavy traffic
- You make frequent short journeys
- You often use your van for towing or heavily laden
- Your driving style involves hard acceleration and braking
Service Regime Two: Flexible Service (Long Life Service) – the first of 18,000 miles or 24 months
- Recommended if you drive over 25 miles a day
- You often use your van for long distance journeys
- You rarely tow with your van or use it to its maximum load capacity
- You adopt an economical driving style with minimal engine loading
Your VW van will also have the benefit of a service indicator on the dashboard to remind you that your service is due (an orange spanner will illuminate). It is important to note that the servicing regimes will be the same for all engine sizes and for both automatic and manual Transporters.
All brand new vans come with 3 years VW warranty or up to 100,000 miles – whichever comes first. This means that if you can do unlimited mileage in the first two years and then you are covered for one more year unless you reach 100,000 miles and then your warranty will end. When you buy your vehicle from new there is an option to increase this warranty to 5 years. This can be increased to 5 years but with a lower maximum mileage of 80,000 miles for £329 or you can increase the warranty to 5 years with a maximum of 150,000 miles £649. If you’d like to find out more about adding extended warranty when purchasing your van just ask.