Terms & Conditions
In this agreement, “Jerba Campervans” means Jerba Campervans Ltd, the “Purchaser” means the person, company or organisation placing the order.
1. Jerba Campervans will use best its endeavors to deliver the Purchaser’s converted vehicle by an agreed delivery date but does not guarantee time of delivery and Jerba Campervans shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Purchaser through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery howsoever caused. If the Jerba Campervans fails to deliver the vehicle within 60 days of the estimated delivery date the Purchaser may give notice to Jerba Campervans requesting delivery within a further 7 days. If delivery doesn’t occur then the contract may be cancelled and any deposit paid shall be returned to the Purchaser in full and Jerba Campervans shall have no further liability.
2. In the event of the Jerba Campervans ceasing to make a vehicle of the type ordered by the Purchaser, the Jerba Campervans shall return the deposit in full to the Purchaser and cancel this agreement without further liability on his part.
3. The Purchaser may cancel the order within a cooling-off period of 5 days (for on premises contracts) or 14 days (for off premises contracts) from the date of the order and receive back in full any deposit paid. If the order is cancelled after that date, any refund of the deposit will be at the sole discretion of Jerba Campervans.
4. In occasional circumstances Jerba Campervans may agree with the Seller to allow part of the purchase price to be satisfied by the Purchaser delivering a used vehicle in part exchange. In those circumstances the used vehicle shall be delivered to and accepted by the Seller subject to the following conditions:
a) that the used vehicle shall be delivered to Jerba Campervans in the same condition as described by the Purchaser at the time of the order (subject only to fair wear and tear); and
b) that any quoted or estimated part exchange value for the used vehicle will only be confirmed upon physical inspection by the Seller; and
c) that either (i) the used vehicle is the absolute property of the Purchaser and free from any Hire Purchase Agreement or other legal encumbrance whatsoever, or (ii) the used vehicle is the subject of a Hire Purchase or Credit Sale agreement and any outstanding finance is capable of being settled by the Purchaser of the used vehicle. In such a case the amount of the part exchange allowance shall be reduced accordingly.
5. In the event of a used vehicle being taken in part exchange Jerba Campervans may proceed to dispose of it before delivery of the goods. If Jerba Campervans disposes of the part exchange vehicle within the cooling off period or if the order is cancelled by Jerba Campervans, the sum to be paid back for the part exchange vehicle shall be the previously agreed part exchange allowance price. In all other circumstances where the goods are not delivered or where the order is cancelled by the Purchaser, the sum to be paid back for the part exchange vehicle shall be the lower of either the price at which it was sold by Jerba Campervans or the previously agreed part exchange allowance price.
6. The Purchaser shall pay Jerba Campervans the balance of the purchase price of the goods before delivery. Delivery will not take place before the date indicated on the order form unless an earlier delivery date is agreed.
7. If the Purchaser shall fail reasonably to take delivery of, or pay for, the goods, Jerba Campervans may cancel the agreement and:
a) The deposit shall be forfeited. Unless specifically detailed in writing on the order, the Purchaser’s liability will not exceed the full value of the deposit.
b) Jerba Campervans shall be entitled to dispose of the goods as the company may think fit without any liability to the Purchaser.
8. Any notice to be given under this agreement shall be deemed to have been duly served if sent by Recorded Delivery to the Purchaser’s last known address in Jerba Campervans’ possession and subsequently recorded as having been delivered.
9. Nothing in these terms is intended to affect any of the Purchaser’s statutory rights with regards to the goods we supply. For more information on these statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
10. If/when the UK leaves the European Union, then in the event of any increase in existing taxes or the introduction of any new taxes or tariffs, then Jerba Campervans reserves the right to pass these additional costs directly onto the customer. These additional costs must be paid before the delivery of the goods will be made.