- Touchscreen Digital Radio - with 5" Colour Display, AUX-IN & USB in glove box (for connecting MP3 & iPod), SD card slot, CD drive and four Cab Loudspeakers.
- Bluetooth System - that will Connect your Mobile Phone through the Touchscreen Digital Radio.
- Trip Computer – displays Fuel Consumption and predicted Mileage from the Fuel in your Tank.
- Blue Motion Technology – improving fuel economy and reducing road tax duty. Start/stop engine system when stationary, low rolling resistance tyres and regenerative braking that charges your vehicle battery as you brake.
- Automatic Post-collision Braking System – triggers braking after a collision, with the aim of preventing secondary collisions.
- Driver Alert System – uses visual and acoustic warning signals to recommend that the driver takes a break as soon as it registers driving behaviour that indicates tiredness.
- Brake Assist System – registers the speed at which the brake pedal is pressed. During a reflexive or emergency braking action, it ensures that full brake pressure is built up more quickly.
- Swivelling driver and passenger seats
- Rear seats with belted seating
- Counter with drawer and fridge beneath
- Wardrobe or shelved cupboard
- Three burner hob with combined sink
- Full kitchen unit with storage beneath
Night time Layout
- Single beds with option for double
- Counter with drawer and fridge beneath
- Wardrobe or shelved cupboard
- Three burner hob with combined sink
- Full kitchen unit with storage beneath
- Cupboards and Tables
The design of our Taransay furniture at the rear of the T5 has a full height counter that gives a real home kitchen feel. We don’t simply assemble premade furniture kits, we scribe, cut and edge band in house and treat every camper van as an individual project.
A high quality finish on your cupboards and lockers is often what makes your campervan stand out. Our Taransay T5 conversion furniture is scribed and hand cut by our own finishing carpenters to fit perfectly to the shape of the campervan – you won’t find gaps down the back of our counter tops where you could lose your cutlery, pens and worst of all spilt food and drinks.
We don’t simply assemble premade furniture kits, we have invested in machinery and training to allow you to make changes to your furniture layout – a service that virtually no other UK VW campervan conversion company can offer.
Where possible we also finish all our furniture with PVC edge banding, applied on our own in house machinery. Harder and far more durable than DIY style soft rubber trims, PVC edging gives a highly professional finish that is more familiar to kitchens at home. It will be as good after 5 years as it did after 5 days.
All our furniture material is lightweight poplar ply which is produced specifically for the motorhome and campervan market. We only use designs that are fully laminated on both sides, giving you the maximum in hard wearing finish both inside and outside your cupboards – it won’t easily dent, cut and chip like many paper and vinyl covered products will.
A fully adjustable table is fitted behind the front passenger seat use for when the seat is rotated – not only will this give a handy place at meal times or simply to put down your book or newspaper, but it can also be rotated to be outside of the sliding door for a table in the sun!
For the swivelled driver’s seat and the single rear passenger RIB on the driver’s side we provide a table with a removable leg that clips onto the side wall – it simply stows against that wall during travel. As standard we also provide a folding tripod foot for the table so you can also use it free standing outside!
- Fridge, Hob and Sink for Taransay
The Taransay is designed with the same worktop height as a standard domestic kitchen, ample counter space, a three burner SMEV gas hob with sink alongside and a 51 litre fridge that is raised up for easy access.
For the hob and sink unit we always fit Italian designed and manufactured SMEV products. With smoke glass lids they look stylish and provide vital counter top space when not in use. The Taransay comes standard with a combined sink and three burner hob unit – with a split glass lid you can easily increase your counter space. The counter height is also only a fraction lower than a standard domestic kitchen, making it easier on your back and giving loads of storage space beneath. The Taransay design also gives you a vast amount of free counter space for preparation.
For the Taransay fridge we fit a 51 litre model made by Italian company Vitrifrigo, running solely from the 12v leisure battery it also includes a 4 litre freezer compartment. Located opposite the hob and sink we raise the fridge up away from the floor for easy access. With a very low power usage the fridge will on average take no more than 1.5 amps per hour. With 150amp hrs of leisure battery this will give you around 4 to 5 days of independence from mains power or driving the vehicle to recharge the leisure battery.
To give almost complete summer time independence a serious option to consider is a roof mounted flush fitting solar panel. We fit a UK manufactured 100watt panel that has sufficient capacity to both run your fridge and your regular 12v appliances, as well as recharging your leisure battery. Be green and independent all in one!
- Gas & Electrics
A fully sealed steel gas box, top grade electrical parts and individually tested certification from qualified gas and electrical engineers are standard in our Taransay T5 conversion.
Gas – all our conversions are fitted with a fully welded and sealed steel locker designed specifically to fit either two Camping Gaz 907 butane cylinders or two Calor 3.9kg propane cylinders – keeping a full cylinder safely stored at the rear of the locker will mean you should never run out.
As an added safety feature, we place the locker in the boot so it’s impossible to close the vehicle tailgate without having first shut and secured the gas locker door – whenever you’re in the vehicle you’ll know the locker is safely sealed tight.
It’s also simple to access to change the cylinder over. You don’t have to reach down into the depths of a cupboard, with a 1.5m hose you can simply place the cylinder on the ground by the tailgate.
Giving you the option of fitting either propane or butane cylinders covers every eventuality. In sub zero temperatures, butane will burn poorly so propane is a better option. If you’re travelling to Europe then Camping Gaz butane cylinders are easy to find whilst the Calor propane are not – we stock a simple adapter that enables to quickly switch from one type of cylinder to the other.
- Seats and Beds
Belted seating for 4, fully tested to all European regulations, converting with swivelled front seats into either 2 single beds each measuring 60cm x 185cm, or an option of one double bed measuring 120cm x 200cm.
Our Taransay T5 conversion is fitted as standard with European manufactured rear seats specifically shaped for travelling, whilst also folding easily into completely flat beds – guaranteeing you a comfortable night’s sleep free of lumps and bumps!
When folded down and combined with the fully swivelled front seats, each single bed measures 60cm wide and 185cm long – there is also an optional extra on the seat design that with a small gap in between the front seats, enables them to be slid together over the centre aisle to create a 120cm wide double bed that is also 200cm long – that’s 6ft 5inches!
Both seats are fitted with integrated 3 point seat belts and the seat installation has been safety tested by Jerba Campervans to European Whole Vehicle Type Approval regulations – the highest level of European safety testing. Simulating an actual accident these regulations physically test the methods we use to secure the rear seats into our Sanna camper conversion.
With the seat frame remaining fixed and just the cushion section moving, the slide system will also allow you to slide either seat forward by 20cm for both travel or leisure – with children sat behind the front seats this option allows you to move them closer to you for picking up those dropped toys without too far to reach! Please note though that it’s not possible to slide the two rear single seats together for travelling.
- Insulation & Flooring
We don’t scrimp on insulation and aim to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Our high quality commercial grade flooring is fully insulated, non slip and looks great!
All our T5 campervan conversions are fully insulated behind all side cavity panels with a non allergenic, non irritant insulation that is comprised of 85% recycled plastic bottles and is an excellent and environmentally friendly insulation. UK manufactured by YBS Insulation it carries the brand name Non Itch, it has excellent Thermal Resistance and it is totally free from floating fibres or dust so avoids skin irritation and respiratory problems often associated with other forms of insulation. Being a plastic based product Non Itch will also never absorb any moisture or water and it also rates highly for sound deadening properties.
Our ply floors are manufactured in the UK to our own design and consist of two layers of ply sandwiching a complete sheet of solid foam insulation – meaning you have insulation across the whole of your floor. Our bespoke approach helps you retain more warmth inside your campervan in the winter and also improves the sound deadening effects.
All the rear interior sides are fully trimmed in a specialised automobile carpet lining. This keeps you warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer and avoids condensation forming on the vehicle’s interior metal bodywork. We don’t simply clip on plastic panels or avoid trimming difficult areas.
For the floor finish we find that most customers are looking for a practical easy cleaning solution which is hard wearing and most importantly non slip, so we fit a commercial grade vinyl that you’d normally find in locations such as sports centres. Available in a range of colours and finishes, wet shoes will always find a grip and with a super tough material you certainly won’t find the floor ripping, chipping and tearing.
- Elevating or High Top Roof
Top quality German made elevating roof with a maximum closed height of 2 metres. Solid high top roof option also available.
As standard our Taransay T5 conversion is fitted with a top quality German made elevating roof that when closed gives the campervan a maximum height of 2 metres – taking you under most car park height barriers. Midge proof (not just mosquito!) mesh on both zipped opening side windows is standard and a front opening clear window lets daylight flood in. With breathable natural cotton sides you’ll never suffer from condensation on the inside – a problem that non breathing plastic material elevating roofs experience on almost a nightly basis.
We also offer a solid fixed high top roof option on the Taransay. This includes two opening high level side windows, a roof vent skylight and extra high level storage cupboards which aren’t possible within an elevating roof.
- Awning Rails, Awnings and Sunshades
To attach any awning to the side of your T5 then you’ll first need an awning rail. The rail we use blends in to match the van and we stock a small range of high quality free standing awnings and sunshades.Read more
- Bike Rack
An easy fold down bike rack system that can carry up to four bikes with no need t remove the rack when it’s not in use. It’s secured with steel clamps, so is far more secure than the more familiar webbing straps.Read more
- Cassette Toilet
Simple to use and lightweight to handle, we design all our conversions so that the toilet is very easy to access and can always be simply stored out of sight.Read more
- Flat Glass Plate Diesel Fuelled Hob
No gas in your van and a flat glass wipe down surface – just two of the benefits of a diesel fired hob. Using the van’s own diesel tank for the fuel supply, you’ll never have to be concerned about running out of gas.Read more
- Grills and Warming Oven
If you can’t be without your toast or crispy bacon then a grill may be a must for you – but remember that it will be a the cost of cupboard storage space.Read more
- Hot Air Heating and Cool Blowing Fan
To use your campervan all year around you’ll often find a hot air heater is a valuable friend – we can also adapt heating systems into cooling fans for the hotter summer days.Read more
- 2 Metres (6ft 6″) Long Bed
For the taller customers we offer an increase in the length of the RIB bed to 2 metres (6ft 6″) in all of our conversions.Read more
- Leather Upholstery
Change the look and feel of your campervan with full leather seating throughout.Read more
- Roof Rails and Roof Rack for Elevating Roofs
With strength carrying capacity of up to 60kg it’s possible to carry a decent load on the elevating roof – two sea kayaks for instance.Read more
- Safe Box
With 3mm solid steel sides and a high quality 3 barrel lock, our safe boxes are always securely located fully out of sight. Easily big enough for an ipad and other essentials to be hidden away.Read more
- Turn Two Single Beds into a Double Bed
With the addition of a sliding mechanism on the rear single RIB seats, it’s easy to make a double bed from your two single rear seats.Read more
- Solar Panel
100 Watt Roof Mounted Solar PanelRead more
- Soft Thermoflex Lining to Rear Seats & Beds
This internal lining layer not only makes your bed and rear seats softer but also allows air to move beneath the fabric and quickly dry out any condensation.Read more
- Hot Water and Air with Optional Shower
Blown hot air and continuous hot water from a heat exchanger system – all from a diesel fuelled system. You can even have a shower at the rear of the van!Read more
- Waste Water Tank
There are definite pro’s and con’s to having a waste water tank on your van, we hope our explanation will help you decide!Read more
Why Choose Jerba Campervans?
- Undertaken our own European level safety crash testing
- We are officially registered with Volkswagen as a vehicle body builder for their Transporter T6
- Our furniture is individually built by us – we can make layout adjustments to suit you
- Our design & finish has been recognised through winning magazine industry awards
- On your DVLA ownership certificate all our campervans are classified as a Motorcaravan
- ISO9001 – we have full accreditation for this international quality standard
- Our workshop is fully open to visitors – we have nothing to hide!
- Superb Van ConversionExcellent build quality comes as standard with this superb van conversion.
- Truly Happy CampersWe absolutely love our van! We haven't stopped driving around with big grins on our faces since we picked it up. The amazing weather has been the icing on the cake and we cannot wait to tour Cornwall in it in June. We're truly Happy Campers thanks to you and your team!
- Flying ColoursThe campervan is wonderful! We have been out and about from the Lake District to the West Coast, Applecross, the East Coast at Dornoch and wild camping at Melon Oudrigle. So it's had a good test in various weathers, and I can tell you it passes with flying colours!
- High QualityOur new campervan has been excellent in all aspects and everyone that has viewed it has commented on the high quality of the interior build & fittings! Thanks again for your assistance.
- Front of the PackJerba are there right at the front of the pack when it comes to keeping up with the latest legislation and are producing some very impressive products.
- Precise FittingWe also love how precisely Jerba’s furnishings are cut to fit the T5: there are no nooks and gaps where you wouldn’t want them, such as between the kitchen unit and the van wall.